A City of Salt and Fantasy
Thanks for your interest in writing a post for "A City of Salt and Fantasy," the World Fantasy Convention 2020 blog. We hope to build excitement for WFC 2020 by highlighting some of the exiting aspects of the fantasy genre that will be represented in Salt Lake. We'll talk about the works of our invited guests and those of our many talented members. To that end, please keep in mind the following guidelines when preparing your blog post.
NOTE: Space is limited, so we may not have room on the schedule for every wonderful idea. Please query Ginny at email@example.com before writing your blog post.
Blog posts must be related in some way to World Fantasy Convention 2020. For instance, each blog might:
- be written by a WFC member (which is defined as a member of WFC 2018, 2019, or 2020)
- be written about an attending WFC guest or participating member
- review or discuss a book or piece of artwork by a WFC guest or participating member, or a World Fantasy Award nominee
- discuss themes in fantasy, or an element of fantasy that pertains to the WFC 2020 theme
- highlight a benefit of WFC membership and convention attendance
- interview an industry professional, particularly if they will be in Salt Lake City for the convention
- relate a memory from a past WFC
Each blog post should be less than 1000 words. We prefer posts around 500-750 words, not including the additional information outlined below. We can be a little flexible about the word count, but keep in mind that blog readers tend to pay more attention to shorter blog posts.
Each blog post should include:
- a title
- your name, as you wish it to appear on the blog. If you are a WFC 2020 member, we prefer that the name match the one on the member list at www.wfc2020.org/members.
- a 100-word bio (We’re not as flexible on the length of the bio, so please keep it to 100 words or less.)
- your WFC status (Are you an attending or supporting member? Are you a committee member? Will you be in Salt Lake City?)
Each blog post may also include (if you wish):
- a headshot
- the cover for your most recent book or a photo of a piece of artwork
- a link to the book’s Amazon page or other place of purchase
- a link to your website or social media page
Blog posts must be received at least one week prior to the date you are scheduled to be posted. Your scheduled date will be communicated to you well in advance.
Submit your blog post to Ginny Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org as an email attachment (in a Word or Word-compatible document) or in the body of an email.
We reserve the right to edit for length or content. (We will send the edited post for your review in advance if you request, and if time permits.)
When your blog is posted, we will include a link on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. We would appreciate you linking to it in your own blog or social media.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask! Contact Ginny at email@example.com.